Wednesday, September 17, 2008

so long sweet summer....

The summer always seem to slip through my fingers. It feels like only yesterday I was at the Camp Rock premiere at the beginning of June, thinking how I was half dreading and half needing the summer break. Steph and I had big plans for the summer. It seemed perfect, the Jonas Brothers were playing the venues where just 3 years earlier we saw our all time favorite band, the Backstreet Boys. We couldn't have been prouder for the boys. We were going to recreate the summer of 2005 and attend the Jonas shows, three boys who we have watched grow and mature since that first show, July 30, 2005 at Jones Beach. We were going to relive the adventures and create new memories while paying homage to one of the best summers of our lives. That summer, three years past, was when Steph and I become inseparable. We learned that we were ultimately the same person, and the differences we both had complimented one another's. When I think about it, it was almost as if we were in some cheesy teen movie. We both had just graduated high school, and knew things were about to change. So we took advantage of the summer months and lived the way we wanted to. I'm so thankful I have these memories.

It's funny the way life unfolds sometimes. After coming off of such an awful winter/spring, I didn't have high expectations for these next few months. But looking back, I can say that I honestly had one of the greatest summers of my entire 21 years here on this earth. I got to spend lots of time with lots of people who I love and treasure. I witnessed 3 sold out Jonas shows at Madison Square Garden, the world's most famous arena. I attended 2 JB shows at Jones Beach in Long Island and PNC Bank Arts Center in NJ, the first 2 places Joyce, Steph and myself met the boys back in that fateful summer of '05. Numerous times throughout the shows, I literally couldn't wrap my mind around the fact that these boys have come such a long way. Basically every Jonas performance was such an emotional and wonderful experience. I'm sure a lot of you can relate to the way that I feel, like a proud mother who is watching her child graduate from Harvard law school. Not only was this summer blessed by Jonas events, it was an Honor Society summer as well. So many developments have been brought about since their EP release show back in May. I know Steph has been with us all every step of the way.

Just as it seemed like we were having the summer of our lives, Janice and I (and Big Bill) got the incredible opportunity to join the Burning Up tour for the final 2 weeks to sell preorders of Demi Lovato's debut CD. I'm trying to put into the words the pure joy and excitement that I felt every single day. Not only were we getting to help out one of the best acts out there, we were "living the dream" in our own way. It was a bit of a tease only getting to do it for 2 weeks, but I'm even more certain that that is what I want to do with my life. Just have to wait for the moment to be right again :)

I have to wrap this up to go join the wonderful gentlemen of Honor Society in their live chat tonight at 9PM Eastern time, if you're reading this, make sure you come join the calamity! www.justin.tv/thegentlemensclub

And of course, preorder Demi Lovato's CD at www.demilovatomerch.com
It's incredible, you will all pee your pants with enjoyment when you get to hear!
"Dont Forget" comes out September 23rd, next Tuesday!!

I'll have to continue this at a future point in time... but in closing, thank you to all who helped make my summer unbelievable. Even you Dapper Dan ;)

Steph's Dedication - August 16th, 2008

2 comments:

Veronica said...

you & janice are my favorite bloggers.

i always find some insight on life that helps my day.


xx

janice tilley said...

this was wonderful. i was so happy to read this. A+.